TSI Solutions offers a broad selection of safety and guarding products and services to manufacturers and machine builders in Georgia.
We Offer our Customers the Following Capabilities:
• Hazard recognition
• On-site installation
• Design expertise
• Safety training
• Assistance with performing risk assessments
• Assessment of OSHA standards
• Assembly and kitting of product
• Custom guarding solutions
Safety Tips from TSI Solutions:
Did You Know? Recent studies have shown that for every $1.00 spent on safety, your ROI can be up to $4-$6, even $8, in some circumstances!
According to a white paper recently published by the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) entitled, “Return on Investment (ROI) for Safety, Health and Environmental (SH&E) Management Programs”, investment in a SH&E program is a sound business strategy for any organization – regardless of size – and will have a positive impact on the bottom line.
As examples, the ASSE paper cited the following:
• A SH&E director for an environmental services company in Massachusetts saved $8.00 for each dollar spent on a quality SH&E program
• A West Virginia coal mining company reduced its workers’ compensation rate to $1.28 per $100 payroll as opposed to its competitor’s rate of $13.78
• A fall protection program implementation reduced one employer’s accident costs by 96% – from $4.25 to $0.18 per person-hour
• Implementation of an improved safety and health program reduced a large service company’s workers’ compensation costs by $2.4 million over a two-year period;
• Implementation of an Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety program reduced losses at a forklift manufacturing operation from $70,000 to $7,000 per year.
Larco… not just a safety mat anymore!
TSI Solutions is a proud distributor of Larco products. We have enjoyed a lot of success incorporating their safety mats in many safety applications. Everyone should recognize Larco as the industry leader in safety mat technology. But did you know that they also sell edge guards? This product serves the same function as a mat in that it uses pressure sensitive electronics to detect the presence of a person but the edge guards have the flexibility to be mounted vertically and in areas where a safety mat would not be feasible.
Edge guards are perfect for in-feed or out-feed of a palletizer or for a narrow area that needs coverage. They can also be wired to detect parts coming down a conveyor. The robust design of Model EGS120 will tolerate a substantial amount of industrial abuse and is resistant to water, flame, and common greases and oils, ensuring that you will enjoy peace of mind that it will perform problem-free for many months and years.